About Community Pathways
We hope Community Pathways will help by providing accessible information that will enable:
- Communities plan and deliver more successful and effective community energy projects. In particular helping communities to:
- Identify what could be achievable given different community circumstances and contexts in order to fashion realistic goals
- Decide how to best deliver chosen climate change related outcomes, for example energy efficiency or renewable energy
- Identify further sources of information, resources and example projects
- Community partners develop, frame and deliver programmes that better reflect the needs of communities and reduce the barriers to the growth of community energy action. Community partners could for example be community support officers in local authorities and NGOs or private sector partners like energy suppliers.
- Funders and policy makers understand better the potential community energy action has and support their role in creating the conditions within which community energy action can flourish.
We have only scratched the surface, this is a massive area, so if you have information on examples or additional resources that we have missed (there will be plenty!), visit the 'do you have examples or resources to share' page to let us know. Help us improve what is here, so it becomes more and more useful to community groups and community partners.